I am an experienced writer and editor based in Boston, MA.
My work focuses on consumer advocacy, the home appliance and automotive industries, development of transit systems, and the social impact of consumer goods.
Editor in Chief, Home and Auto at Reviewed.com, part of the USA Today Network
Gannett, Inc. May 2012—Present
• Direct all home appliance and automotive technology coverage at Reviewed.com
• Contribute technology-focused car reviews and auto show coverage to USA Today
• Develop and maintain relationships with industry sources and brand representatives.
• Manage a team of 8-10 staff writers, directing and editing their work
• As an industry expert, appear on camera and participate in roundtables and podcasts
• Create compelling narratives and images, and ensure accuracy of all published work
Managing Editor, Reviewed.com, part of the USA Today Network
Gannett, Inc. April 2011—May 2012
• Launched all editorial content from scratch for a new home appliance review website.
• Co-developed lab tests for major appliances, performed scientific evaluations, and wrote detailed reviews based on the results.
Transportation and Automotive Writer
Freelance, May 2008—Present
• Wrote transportation content and car reviews for a variety of print and online publications
• Contributed to Car & Driver, Wired, Wired.com, CityLab, The Awl, and the Boston Globe
• Collaborated with editors for in-depth stories, and covered breaking news on deadline
Community Outreach Leader
Manet Community Health Center, Quincy, MA. July 2007 — February 2011
• Developed an outreach campaign for a community health center
• Built relationships with a diverse coalition of community service agencies, government agencies, and businesses, all focused on Massachusetts Landmark Healthcare Reform
Tufts University School of Medicine — Master’s Degree, Public Health (2007)